Law Offices of Robert B. Muchinsky, LLC
Call 24 Hours A Day — 7 Days A Week.

Investigated Or Accused Of A Crime?

Is Connecticut’s DUI Home Confinement Program right for you?

Incarceration isn’t always the most effective solution for people who have committed certain crimes – either for the offender or the community. The Connecticut Department of Correction (DOC) recognizes that. That’s why they have a DUI Home Confinement (HC) Program.

If you’ve been convicted or pled guilty to the crime of operating under the influence, you may be eligible for this program. Let’s take a look at what it involves and who is eligible.

What does the program involve?

A person who is approved for the program is typically required to remain in their home or another designated residence like a sober house when they are not at work or participating in a pre-approved treatment program. They’re subject to compliance checks by the DUI Parole Unit.

Participants in the program are not allowed to consume alcohol or use any illegal substances. If they do, they will be taken back into custody without the possibility of returning to the program.

Those in the program are required to have a sponsor if they’re not in a sober house, treatment facility or other approved residence. They may be allowed to sponsor themselves.

Who is eligible for the program?

Eligibility is based on a number of factors, including a person’s criminal record. Applicants have to be screened by the DOC Addiction Services Unit. 

If they’re deemed eligible, they’ll have to participate in one of four treatment tracks, which can range from brief treatment to more intensive treatment depending on their risk factors. Once they’ve completed their treatment, if they’re approved, they can be released to the HC program.

These are just a few details about the program, which can allow people facing prison time for a DUI to continue to work and get treatment if they have an alcohol or substance abuse issue. This can help mitigate the consequences on your life. If you are interested in pursuing this option, your attorney can help with the application process.